The brand ROYAL was originally founded in Mumbai and is well over 100 years old surpassed centenary of existence. ROYAL traditionally manufactured ambient Indian sweets called ‘Mithai’ along with signature chilled desserts like Rassomalai and Gulabjam.
The taste of authentic Indian mithai, under the well-known ROYAL brand, keeping traditions alive was brought to the UK in 1973 by the Late Lord Gulam Noon to then establish BOMBAY HALWA LTD (’BHL’).
‘BHL’ was established with strong values, principles and ethos engraved within its core by Lord Gulam Noon who every so often said “If you cannot eat it, do not sell it” - this stand true to this very day.
Quality-Authenticity-Flexibility formed core strength of the business
Today, ‘BHL’, remains a family owned Company, with its Chairwoman, Mrs Zeenat Noon Harnal, daughter of Late Lord Gulam Noon. Zeenat indistinguishable passion and ethos, instilled within her by her father, that drives the business forward to make affordable quality products using the finest ingredients.
The business, started in 1973 as the authentic UK manufacturer of Indian sweets, chilled desserts and savoury products, all under the ‘Royal’ brand, today also manufactures an extensive range of other products – Ethnic Snacks, Kulfi Ice Creams, Ready Meals (Chilled & Frozen), Paratha Breads, Chilled and Frozen Dips, RTE Snacks (wraps, burritos, naans, sandwich fillings, etc).
‘BHL’ seek to bring to the discerning customer authentic flavours from India and around the world. The ‘BHL’ team are committed to the search for excellence and the total customer satisfaction.
With innovative technology, stringent quality control and a professional approach to management, we endeavour to source finest GM free ingredients to produce affordable consistently virtuous cuisine and ensure that products supplied to our customers fully comply with all the prevailing UK & EC Food Safety Regulations.
Our team has a firm commitment to excellence in production and quality to ensure our customers receive only the best. Our business is based on flexibility to cater for most customer needs, committed to crafting each product with the utmost quality and care. Our facility has the most
recent equipment to able to offer a complete turn-key solution by providing artwork, custom packaging and developing of new products.
Our Company sets out to achieve a manufacturing environment that will both protect the products and keep them wholesome and provide a cheerful and pleasing working environment for its people.
We supply a range of Chilled and Frozen products to several leading supermarkets and the airline industry.
Our Retail Partners
- UK Supermarkets - Lidl, Tesco, Costco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons
- Airline Sector – Gate Group, Newrest, Enroute, Alpha LSG (service British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and other airlines)
- Large Food Manufacturers –co-pack ready meals (Chilled and Frozen), supply bulk ingredients (onion puree, yogurt and paneer)
- Ministry of Defence
- Independent Supermarkets Quality Foods, VB & Sons, TRS Cash & Carry and numerous others.
At Bombay Halwa Company, our people take the utmost of care when it comes to food safety measures and quality control; our goal is to ensure an excellent authentic product received, every time.
- We use only the finest quality authentic ingredients, working closely with local approved suppliers to source our raw materials.
- Capacity to produce large volumes - flexibility in batch sizes
- BRC Grade AA and SALSA Accreditation
- Licenced by the UK Halal Consultations Authority
- Soil Association Certification (Organic Ready Meals)
- Safe Quality Products
- Segregated High & Low care production areas.
‘ROYAL’ Rassomalai - Winner UK’s Top 10 Dairy Product